Thursday, November 17, 2011

All moved In !!

I have been here 11 days. I am all unpacked and everything is out.  Pictures are all hung and my chicken figurines are everywhere.  Its home. Its cozy, handy and I don't put on some many miles......my farm house was way too large for just me!  My dau Jess and her husband Dave are enjoying the big house and their 2 large dogs have room to roam. Now they are the land owners and I have a smaller yard to take care of, it all works.

I have been to concerts, plays.......and for the first time since I had to stop working I have a calendar planner! Concerts, birthdays, special events to mark down.........I carry it with me!  I have a camera bag with a long shoulder strap......my verison of a  "man purse".  Kleenex, check book, coin purse, cell phone, covered plastic cup to spit in Remember I can't swallow my salvia--- easy on the farm Spit anywhere - Now at a concert one must have a better solution! I was wearing cargo pants with lots of pockets, all that stuff in there, the pants got heavy!

My garden shed, now has two south windows. Its housing 3 pair of pigeons, 4 Silkie hens and Nessie's pet rabbit.  Oh 2 more pair of pigeons are coming in the mail. Pigeons like sheep you can't have just a few! They are such beauties. My four pair Of Old German Owls will have young is all most every color pattern!

Oh there is a fifth pair ---American Fantails.  I used to raise a lot of these. So I got a pair Powder Blue check cock and a Lavender hen  They will produce pastel colors

Winter is trying to start but so far.....40 degree days prevail  I still have to break down 40 or so cardboard boxes stored in the garage, so they can be put on the curb. At a late rummage sale I got a solid old holding table---8 foot long It will become tool bench for the garage.  I need to get it organized so I can find everything.

In my spare time I am browsing through old nursery catalogues  getting ideas. I am putting up my white fence from the farm, incorporating a walk through garden arbor.....with climbing arctic kiwi  yep hardy into zone 3

I found yellow shrub roses just like my Grandma used to have  I will plant some on the back of the lot...I can see them when I am outisde and standing at the kitchen sink window..then all the shrubs I am bringing in from the farm.........making my own garden of eden.........cooing pigoens...........flowers/shrubs blooming everywhere
You get the idea

Jerry

2 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

Congratulations on getting all settled in, sounds like it is going to be a good change for you, enjoy your new home.

Gail V said...

Oh, I was sorry to hear my ewe girls had moved to Fargo...
but your move to the city, after your scares in the country, sounds like the best thing for you. I'm still glad you had those years on your acreage.